Friday 3 August 2012

Ain't no mama like my mama...

The past few weeks have been busy but relaxed as my mum came all the way from Glasgow to spend some time with us. It was the longest my mum had stayed since Naima was born and the last time she was here it was kind of fraught thanks to two weeks late baby, emergency cesarean etc etc etc. I have to admit I was a bitch to my mum then (I blame the stress and hormones) and when she left after 6 weeks I felt horrible that I had been so moody when she had been so wonderful. This time things were different. I feel like I have fallen in love with my mummy all over again. Even though she's not in the best of health, she cooked and cleaned like a demon all week, took Naima at any given moment and seeing the two of them together was so amazing. I would catch myself looking at the two of them together and think, "I never realised how much my mum loved me til I was a mum." All her life my mum has been selfless, thinking of family first, whether that be my brother, my dad and me, or her extended family back in Ghana and we have all benefited from her gorgeous spirit. She's stylish, she's funny, she's warm and she's strong - all the things I want to be. I dread a time in my life when I am without her. So I would just like to say to my mummy, if she every reads this (which she won't as she doesnt really get this new fangled world wide web thingy) I love you more than I can ever say. Come back please...

No comments:

Post a Comment