Sunday 28 July 2013

It's been a looooooonnnnnggg time...

It happened to me. I fell into that blogger trap of... not blogging. I cannot even really tell you why. I guess it's that old cliche - life took over. With going back to work last October, combined with the nanny quitting, settling Naima into nursery and fighting the baby weight it's been a pretty eventful year. It hasn't been all good but it certainly hasn't been all bad. The baby weight is just about gone (yay!) and I seemed to be falling back into my groove again. It feels great and look and feel much more like me – but with box braids (Solange how I love thee...) Naima has settled nicely into nursery and has grown into a cheeky, gorgeous, smart, little bundle of chocolate baby...

I never knew my little lady would grow up to be so much work and fun at the same time! Speaking of work, combining motherhood with my job has been... hard to say the least. No one told me trying to do both would be so emotionally and physically draining. There have been tears, sweat but no blood (yet) but every month it gets a little harder rather than easier. Maybe things will get better - I live in hope every day that it does! But I make sure I say to myself every day it could be a lot worse. I work with people I'm proud to call friends who always have my back and listen when I have a wee cry. The Mum Crew are still rolling ten deep every week with new baba additions being thought of all the time. I can't believe we all seem to be talking about round two - are we mental??? Man – it feels good to be blogging again, this past year has seemed to suck the life out of me a little but like I said I feel like I'm getting my groove back. More adventures, more often - this I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment