Thursday 14 June 2012

Keep on running...

As I type this my fingers physically hurt. Actually every single part of body hurts thanks to my sudden love of exercise and getting fit. Today I tackled the Mothers Meeting Workout courtesy of the Nike 1948 studios in Shoreditch. The workout took place in Shoreditch Park, with about 15 ladies and babies lead by our ultra-fit male trainer. It was a ton of fun but ridiculously hard and involved using Nai Nai as a dumbell (which she didn't take kindly too), swinging kettle bells around, lunging, squatting and running round patches of grass. At one point my entire body went into shock at the thought of running but once I threw myself into it I felt a whole lot better. It helped that all the other girls in the group were really friendly and completely down to earth. Being intimidated by an exercise class is no fun and that's exactly what I wanted to avoid. Thank God I did! I would totally recommend this to any mamas out there that want to get super-fit super-quick. At this rate I'll be back to pre-baby body before I can say, "Look – I've got my American Apparel disco pants on again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment