Friday 1 June 2012

The bad mirror...

At the moment, every mirror in my house is a bad mirror. Although motherhood has meant I have the joy of a happy, healthy baby, I don't really have a happy, healthy body. Losing the baby weight has been hard and breastfeeding has meant not being able to shift it as fast I would have liked. I feel stuck in a body that I don't know and don't particularly like. I feel large and unattractive and so I hate looking in the mirror. Watching endless celebs snap back into shape 6 weeks after that have their babies doesn't help either. It just makes you feel inadequate and ugly. I don't need that on top of sleepless nights and a teething baby! I'm at a loss what to do if I'm honest. Yes, you can put on accessories, a bit of make up and carry a nice bag but it doesn't make anything look any smaller and make you feel any better. I feel too embarrassed to join a gym and I find myself eating because I'm miserable. It's a vicious cycle and one that's hard to break. To that end I've decided to joini Pushy Mothers on Wednesday - www.pushymothers.com - a fitness class for mums with babies. Imagine me running round the park with Nai Nai in the pram. Not a pretty sight as I can't run but I need to kick start some endorphins for sure. Will I be any good at it? I'm sure I won't. But it's worth a shot, right? Anything to start changing the reflection in the bad mirror. I don't want to be the woman that passes on her body issues to her daughter. I would love Naima to be happy whatever size she is, as long as she's healthy, and I will always tell her she's beautiful. I guess I better get healthy and happy first to pass on the positivity. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Your still the most beautiful mama i know :) Love Vidia xox

    ReplyDelete