Thursday 14 June 2012

Music to bathe to...

At the end of a long day getting covered in banana (Naima's new favourite food), baby massage and picking up teething toys a million times (no, Nai Nai, it's not a game), I like to sit in a huge bath and stew in my own juices with a Weight Watchers choccy biscuit and sometimes a cheeky pint of vino. I'm not a fan of sitting in silence so I always have some tunes to help zone me out and think up outfits for tomorrow, interesting things to cook for dinner, features to write, etc, etc. Here are my top 5 albums I'm zoning out to this week:


(1) Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman. An absolute classic. 'Mountain O'Things' is one of the best songs ever written. It's a shame Boyzone destroyed 'Sorry' for me.


(2) Paul Simon - Concert in the Park. Incorporating music from Graceland, Rhythm of the Saints and hits with Art Grafunkel, it is the best live album I've ever heard apart from...


(3) Jay-Z - MTV Unplugged. Just Jigga, backed by the Roots. What an amazeballs combo.


(4) Florence + The Machine - Ceremonials. More atmospheric than the debut Lungs, it's just so powerful. 'No Light, No Light' will take you to a pretty dark place whilst 'Shake it Out' will encourage you to, well, shake it out.


(5) Ed Sheeran - +. The Sheeran-meister can do no wrong in my eyes. 'Give Me Love', 'Lego House', 'Small Bump' - beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment