Monday 11 June 2012

Naima loves...

Little Miss Adom has a busy week ahead. She turns six months on Wednesday *tries to hold back tears* and so it's time to try eating real food, sitting up in the bath and terrorising mama in her baby walker. To kick off the week we took in a new baby play session at Rich Mix called Wiggly Jigglers and wow did she play. The great thing about this session was seeing Nai Nai revelling in the joy of new toys and discovering new things. Like her mama, Naima is pretty vintage (newspapers not iPads, books not Kindles, give me a CD any day) and so gravitated towards really old school stuff that was simply shiny or made a noise. Some advice for mamas looking for new toys for their little ones is this - don't buy any! Simply look out some stuff from around the house to keep your little ones entertained. Check out Nai Nai's top 5 things she just can't get enough of right now for some inspiration...(she typed this herself and everything)...



(1) Jar lids. I don't care what colour they are mama, I just want them washed and clean so I can bang them together as hard as I can. Stick them in the fridge for me and when they're cold they make a great soothing teether for me to gnaw on.
(2) Silver oven trays. Buy some cheapy ones from the pound shop and let me go to work just banging it with a wooden spoon. Wicked.
(3) Plastic tubs and pasta shells. When you and daddy have finished some coleslaw (or anything that comes in a plastic container) just wash out the tub (I don't want anything that's not milky right now) and put some pasta shells in it so I can shake them til you want to throw it out the window.
(4) A box of tissues. I don't know why but there's something amazing about pulling them all out and trying to stuff them in my mouth that I can't get enough of. Try and make sure I don't choke though.
(5) Corks. When my mummy has finished guzzling vino and champers she saves me the corks so I can chew on them all day long. I can use them to bang on my silver trays too - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment