Sunday 27 May 2012

Musicality...

My good friend E has just informed me that super hot mama Beyoncé is going back to work after having her baba and therefore we need to start saving our pennies for tour tickets *abandons Sainsbury's trolley and stuffs money down bra* Although I may stone her out of jealousy at how amazing her post-baby body is I would kill to see her live in concert so the saving begins. I think of E as my super hip-hop gf; we have the same tastes in fashion (pom-pom shorts good, double denim bad), beauty (eyelashes and Ruby Woo all the way) and music (Jay-Z's face will be tattooed on our forearms by the end of this summer). We are made of surreal conversations about pigeons and foxes eating vomit and the joy of bouncy castles. So as E has me thinking about music I thought I would share with you my top 5 tracks that I'm listening to on these heady, summer days:
(1) D'Banj - Oliver Twist. An Afrobeat essential - non-sensical lyrics and a wicked beat.
(2) Azealia Banks - 212. She's so cool it hurts me. It physically hurts me.
(3) M.I.A - Bad Girls. She's a tad too old to be singing those lyrics but hey, it's a hot track.
(4) Nicki Minaj - Superbass. Yes it's been around for ages but it sounds great in the sunshine.
(5) Rihanna - What's My Name? Another oldie but it's just soooooooooooooooo good!
Tune in to 1xtra tomorrow morning at 9am to hear me chat about this weeks hot new music releases with Twin B. See how nicely that tied in there? Who needs a PR....

No comments:

Post a Comment